Friday, February 20, 2009

Tonsilitis & Dentists

Today Lexi had an appt. at the dr.'s office. I made this appt weeks ago for her 2 yr. old well-baby check. She awoke at 3am a not-so-well baby. I guess it was fortunate that we already had this 8:15am appt. They did a test for strep throat and influenza that were both negative, but said she probably has tonsilitis- very red and swollen tonsils. She has a fever and has been sleeping and clinging more, but doing ok (Kung Fu helps some), until the motrin starts to wear off that is. Hopefully in a few days she will be doing much better. (How did she know I was going to try and start potty training this weekend??) We did get her 2 yr. old height and weight- 31 lbs. & 36 in.-both in the 90th percentile. She's gotta keep up with the brothers! (Zach was 30 lbs, 36in. & Josh was 33 lbs, 36in.) I guess that means they are all going to be 6 ft. tall! You double their height at 2, right?! Once again, I will be the shortest in the family:)

And on to dental drama. Let me start by saying I would rather do ANYTHING else than go to the dentist- cut my stomach open a 4th time please, just don't make me go to the dentist! That may be one of the reasons for putting it off for a couple years so deciding to be adult about it I made an appointment for myself and for all 3 kids. Let me tell you of my nightmare- so far I have been to the dentist 6 times in the last 3 weeks, we have 4 more scheduled and probably 2 more after that. Kill me now. Not only do I end up crying and more than a bit anxious when I have to go for myself, but it is difficult to put on a happy face and convince the kids that this is all fine and good and no problem for them. (and after the very bad experience for both boys 6 mo. ago- it's not an easy sell.) I sit and hold their hand while they are in the chair, say reassuring things, while trying to keep my anxiety under control, and whenever they are not looking I avert my eyes from the tools and such to some happier view in the room. I don't think I will survive the next 10 years of taking 4 of us to the dentist multiple times a year/6mo. period. Really. Honestly, I don't know how. (to say nothing of how much this is costing us- even with insurance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment