So with Zach's passion for Star Wars (asking all.the.time. if he can play star wars wii, watching it, reading it, playing it, talking about it- he likes to ask me to name all the characters I know, then wants to know if gram or shannon or... knows the star wars characters...) We had a discussion the other night about what obsessed means and that it is ok to like other things but we should be most obsessed with God and thinking and talking about him etc.

So Zach started this activity the other day (and then Josh joined in) of writing down all the characters they could think of and making one list of the good guys and one list of the bad guys. It's actually cute to watch them work on it together and it is good spelling practice for Josh and good writing practice for Zach. So later that evening I said, "Zach is obsessed with Star Wars" to which Zach said, "No I'm not! I'm just half obsessed." Funny boy.

after I took photos of the boys and their lists Lexi wanted a photo of her taken. Last week she joined her brother in strep throat and then last night got some other stomach bug on top of that. I think today she is getting better.
This all sounds sooooo familiar, including the list making. :-)
ReplyDeleteBrent actually banned them from bringing home anymore Star Wars books home from the library. That was all they wanted to read.