Sunday, January 10, 2010

Laughter is Good

Here is a picture of Zach last week as he took to the top of the toy box and called a family meeting. After we all assembled he proceeded to instruct us on how we were all going to be paired up to play a game of Bakugon. That boy is nuts for bakugon and it is such a shame that no one else in the family shares that passion:)

In the car tonight he shared that, "maybe when I grow up I might take your van" after I tried to stifle a laugh and ask why he said, "cause you have 2 cars and you can just use dad's." He seems to occaisionally be planning his departure from our home and coming up with things he will need or likes and consequently will be taking them with him.
The boys were telling us they had been playing Alvin and the Chipmunks with Sienna & Cambria and who was playing which character. (not surprisingly Zach was Dave- the guy in charge of the chipmunks- Josh was Simon- he said he liked that he does experiments) Lexi said she wanted to play too to which Zach was explaining there was no one else for her to be and she couldn't. I said there must be something she could be and pretty quickly Zach came up with, "you could be a rock! Just curl up in the corner and don't move."
The boys were playing pretend Bakugon in the car one afternoon and I hear Lexi joining in copying the boys saying, "ability card ACTIVATE!" just as I was thinking, as I often do, that poor girl doesn't get to play any girl things I hear her say, "strawberry shortcake ACTIVATE" well ok, that's a little better:)
Whenever Dave leaves for work Lexi
says, "Have a very merry christmas, Dad!"
Dave is driving a yellow schwans truck now at work and when Lexi saw it one day she said, "I love daddy's truck- it's beautiful!"

No comments:

Post a Comment