Friday, September 4, 2009

Mikko

We have a visiting dog for a couple days that we are dog-sitting. His name is Mikko (rhymes with Rico). The kids are having fun with him. They always want to feed, water, play with. They ask about him first thing in the morning and Lexi tries to hold him, but he's not so interested in that. Lexi just spent about an hour out there hanging out with him and Rico. She is sooooo not like her mom in the whole dog loving area.




I started the week with potty training for Lex. I set a timer to go off every 10 min. (I knew I would easily get distracted or forget without the timer) So every 10 min. for the better part of Monday and Tuesday I would sit her on her little potty and for 2 days she went in her underwear, then pull-ups countless times timed just right BETWEEN those 10 minute potty times- arggg!!!! She has yet all week and many times before this week to EVER actually go in the potty! It was not this hard with the boys! (although they were a year older than she is right now) It's a bit discouraging and gets hard to keep motivated to put her on the potty.
In talking about potty training the last couple weeks she would always say, "I'm not ready yet!" Well, maybe she's right! Although I think she could if she wanted.
A couple days ago I asked her when she was going to go potty in the potty and she said in her sweet sing songy voice, "wait and see!"

No comments:

Post a Comment