Thursday, November 12, 2009

Zoo Day

We took advantage of another one of Denver's free days at the zoo- this one fell on Veteran's Day and since the kids were off school and it was a good weather day we headed north.

I quickly noted that one map was not going to do us as they started arguing over who got to hold it. The boys both consulted it often throughout our time there- seeing which animal was coming up next and which path was needed to see certain animals. They like maps.



In asking the kids ahead of time which their favorite animals were Josh said Polar Bears, Zach said elephants and Lexi said emphatically over and over, ZEBRA, ZEBRA!


We happened upon the sea lion show just at the right time
another map consult while Josh was in the bathroom

Zach laughing that the only photo I could get was of the "zebra butt"

penguin feeding time
beautiful weather and some beautiful color


this is the cheetah that Josh wanted to take a picture of to send uncle Bret since he remembered that Bret had sent him a card about 2 yrs ago with a cheetah on it- he's got a pretty amazing memory. Then he said he wanted to tell Bret that we saw this cheetah on our front lawn. He is also a joker:)
Some other entertaining moments:
while walking through 'bird world' we heard a REALLY loud squawk- josh jumped pretty good and a second later Lexi asked, "Are you sure this is a good place, mama?"
We were there about 3 hrs and around hour 2 Zach said, "it seems like we've been walking for 22 hrs" and Josh added, "32!"
when we got back into town I stopped at Rancho Liborio- a hispanic grocery store for a couple items (they have produce at a great price) as we entered the store and heard the hispanic music I hear Zach saying with inflection, "EN CHEE LADA!" (same store he started belting out "adios amigos!" as we left awhile back)
The other day driving in the car Lexi said, "what are you thinking Josh?" she actually asked it about 3 times before Josh answered and said, "nothing" He's the quiet, look out the window car rider and Zach and Lex like to talk.
Josh came up and asked me "when do I get a cell phone?" He also wants to know when he can get a gun and go hunting! Yikes! and Zach wanted to know when we are getting a boat. Things are getting a bit more expensive and dangerous looking than these last few years have been.
I was walking in a parking lot with Lexi and since she has been into walking on her own lately I tried to avoid a possible problem and to get her to hold my hand I said, "I really like holding your hand Lexi, do you like to hold mommy's hand?" She was quiet a moment and then said, "well...(during the pause, I was awaiting some objection or condition) and then as she reached her hand up she sweetly said, "of course I do"

1 comment:

  1. Maps - they are their grandpa's grandsons ;)
    Bec

    ReplyDelete